At some point, you’re going to need a mechanic to take a look at your vehicle. This is, unfortunately, entirely unavoidable. Finding a trustworthy, affordable and high quality mechanic can be easier said than done, which means you should know exactly how to select one.
With this in mind, here are some tips to help you choose a great mechanic in Williston, ND:
- Look for certifications and accreditations: Check to see if any of the mechanics in your area have certain automotive certifications or accreditations. Examples could include an Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certificate, Better Business Bureau membership and various other indications that the mechanic is skilled and trustworthy.
- Get recommendations: Talk to your family, friends and colleagues first to see if they have any mechanics they would recommend to you. Someone you know is always going to be completely honest about their experience with a mechanic, and you can probably trust their opinion.
- Browse reviews: If your friends and family do not have many recommendations for you, you can always browse reviews left online by actual customers. Check sites like Yelp, Angie’s List, Google Reviews and more to see what people say about the mechanic’s services. Of course, keep in mind that there’s always the potential for some bias in these reviews, but they can at least give you a decent idea of what you can expect out of a business. Look for patterns in these reviews, rather than relying too much on any individual review to make your decision.
- Pay a visit: Swing by several mechanic shops in person to check them out. You should be on the lookout for clean and orderly facilities and work areas, professionals who are engaged in their work and the kinds of cars that are being worked on at the shop. See if you can talk to any of the mechanics while you’re there. The mechanics should be able to give you a good overview of the kinds of services they provide. They should be friendly and willing to provide you with this information if you wish to have a working relationship with them.
- Check prices: Price should never be the sole factor you look at when making a decision about which mechanic you will work with, but there are certainly situations in which it can play a big role in your decision. If, for example, you’ve found a couple high quality mechanics that you’re sure will do a good job on your vehicle, then you may as well pick the one that will cost you less money. Quality should always be your top priority, but you shouldn’t have to break the bank to be able to get it.
These are just a few of the factors you are going to need to consider before you make any decisions about which mechanic in Williston, ND you will select for your next auto job. For more information about the services we offer, we encourage you to reach out to our team today at Chaney Total Auto & Exhaust Repair.