Whenever you need auto repair in Williston, ND performed on your vehicle, Chaney Total Auto & Exhaust Repair is your go-to source for affordable, high quality fixes. We are able to handle just about any job you can throw at us, and perform the work efficiently and reliably.
While we do get niche jobs in from time to time that require a bit more work and expertise, much of the work that we get is fairly common at any mechanic shop across the country. Here are a few of the most common jobs in the world of auto repair in Williston, ND. If you need any of these types of repairs performed on your vehicle, feel free to swing by our shop!
- O2 sensor replacement: The oxygen sensor in a vehicle is responsible for monitoring the total amount of unburned oxygen in the vehicle’s exhaust. This information helps the computer know if there is either too much or not enough gas left in the vehicle’s tank. In a given year, O2 sensor replacement accounts for about 10 percent of vehicle repairs, making it far and away the most common auto repair job. While they can be replaced by vehicle owners, some manufacturers put special covers over the sensors that require special tools to open up.
- Loose fuel caps: People understandably get concerned whenever the “check engine” light pops up on their dashboard, but one of the most common reasons for this is extremely simple: a loose fuel cap. Loose or missing gas caps can result in a significant decrease in mileage and cause your check engine light to go on. One report indicates lost or damaged caps cause drivers across the nation to lose 147 million gallons of gasoline each year to evaporation.
- Catalytic converter replacement: This is typically the most expensive vehicle repair on the list. Catalytic converters control the vehicle’s emission system, but they will only fail if smaller parts fail first. Typically this happens when vehicle owners neglect the regular maintenance of their vehicle, and do not replace smaller parts, such as spark plugs or fuel injectors.
- Spark plug replacement: Speaking of spark plugs, they are also one of the most common items to be replaced in a vehicle. Spark plugs light the fuel in your engine’s cylinders. Faulty spark plugs can significantly reduce your vehicle’s gas mileage or damage your catalytic converter.
- Ignition coil replacement: Ignition coils work in conjunction with spark plugs, basically telling them when they need to do their jobs. If you ignore problems with ignition coils for too long, they could severely damage the entire ignition system in your vehicle, leading to even more costly repairs.
- Mass air flow sensor replacement: The mass air flow sensor is responsible for measuring how much air is being taken into your engine and determining how much fuel should be sent into the engine. Typically problems with this part can be avoided by performing regular vehicle maintenance. If you are replacing your air filters regularly, you shouldn’t have any issues with the mass air flow sensor.
Contact Chaney Total Auto & Exhaust Repair today for more information about auto repair in Williston, ND.