Professionals in the auto industry often talk about preparing your car for the winter. They mention getting winter tires, tuning up the engine, checking brakes and more. But some industry professionals neglect to tell customers that it’s just as important to visit an auto mechanic in Williston, ND after winter has passed. Cars clearly take a beating each winter. Bring your car in to a certified mechanic now for the following checks and avoid any potential problems caused by harsh winter conditions:
- Oil change: It should be common knowledge that cars need to have their oil changed every 3,000 to 5,000 miles. If it’s been about 3,000 miles since your last oil change, you should consider bringing it to a mechanic. This is especially the case if you plan on going on any road trips in the coming months. Frequent oil changes will ensure your engine runs smoothly, and can also help boost fuel economy.
- Suspension work: Potholes can really damage your car’s suspension system. Constantly driving over ruts in the road slowly messes with your vehicle’s undercarriage and can cause major problems later on. Bring your car to us this spring and let us repair any damage that potholes caused throughout the winter. It’s better to catch a problem early than to deal with a breakdown in the coming months.
- Brake work: Winter weather conditions are extremely rough on your brakes. Brake pads wear down much faster when you’re frequently having to slow down due to icy road conditions. Hopefully you had them inspected before winter, but it’s not a bad idea to bring your car back to an auto mechanic in Williston, ND this spring. Random spring showers can make the roads quite slippery. The last thing you want is to skid on the road because your brakes are worn out. Technicians will also inspect all of the other aspects of your braking system (including brake lines and fluid) to ensure everything looks as it should.
- Tire checks: You’re not getting too far with a bad set of tires. Make sure they’re properly inflated and that the tread isn’t too worn. The aforementioned slippery roads can be treacherous for a vehicle with underinflated or worn out tires.
- Radiator repair: A radiator that’s on its last leg is bound to fail during the hot summer months. Bring your vehicle into us and allow our professionals to inspect your radiator and cooling system. We can diagnose and correct any potential problems before there’s a big issue later on in the year.
- Front end work: If you happened to accidently bump into something over the winter, it’s best to get that dent sorted out now. First of all, you don’t want to be riding around all summer with a dented vehicle; that doesn’t look good at all! Second, the sooner you repair a dent, the cheaper it will be to fix.
Give Chaney Total Auto & Exhaust Repair a call today to learn more about all of our services or to set up a time to bring your car to an auto mechanic in Williston, ND for a maintenance check.