If you enjoyed the summer as much as we did, you probably spent it on summer road trips, drives up into the mountains or hauling the boat out for an early-morning fishing trip. And in the midst of all this summer driving, you’ve probably also hit a few bumps in the road, run into a pothole or two or maybe even bumped into a curb or a parking block—all of which can cause your wheel alignment to go out of whack.
Summer driving is notorious for causing alignment issues for your vehicle. Not only do we drive more in the summer, but we typically tend to drive our cars with a little less care as well. A lot of drivers tend to think that a wheel alignment is a minor maintenance issue that can be put off, which is simply not true. Making sure your wheels are properly aligned is important, not only to your safety, but also to your car’s overall performance and efficiency. So how do you know if your summer driving habits have left your car in need of a wheel alignment? Below are a few signs to watch for:
- Your car is pulling or drifting to one side or the other
- Your tires appear to be wearing unevenly
- You can hear your tires squealing
- You feel a rumble or vibration when you reach certain speeds
- Your steering wheel appears to be crooked when you’re driving straight
If you’ve noticed any of the above signs when driving your car, you should take your car in to an auto mechanic in Williston, ND as soon as possible. With winter on its way, you don’t want to wait to get a wheel alignment. Having your wheels aligned is crucial for safe winter driving, and here’s why:
- Helps you maintain control: When your wheels are out of alignment, it causes your car to pull to one side or the other. In slippery conditions, this can make it difficult to control your vehicle.
- Gives you better traction: Tires that are out of alignment tend to wear unevenly, which can cause you to lose traction on slippery roads.
- Get better gas mileage: Wheels that are not properly aligned create resistance when you try to maneuver your vehicle, thus requiring more gas to be consumed.
- Avoid costly repairs: Driving when your wheels are misaligned can cause more serious problems down the road with your suspension and steering components.
If you’ve noticed any of the signs that you may need a wheel alignment, don’t wait until the problem gets worse or you end up skidding across an icy road. Call Chaney Total Auto & Exhaust Repair, your local master auto mechanic in Williston, ND. We can realign your tires and have you back on the road ready for the toughest winter weather North Dakota can dish out. Plus, we also offer other pre-winter maintenance services to make sure your vehicle is safe and ready to drive during the cold season. To schedule your appointment, give us a call today!